How can you personalize a funeral?
There are a number of ways you can personalize a funeral by including elements that address some unique aspect of the deceased’s life. Think about the qualities for which your loved one is remembered, their hobbies and passions, achievements, and shared memories. You may then incorporate these ideas into specific elements. These elements might include:
- Special music
- A photo slideshow celebrating the deceased’s life
- Webcasting the service to allow viewing by those who cannot attend
- “Take home” mementos or tokens of appreciation that reflect some aspect of the deceased’s personality
- A tribute table to honor the deceased’s interests and hobbies
- Websites featuring “memory pages” where visitors can view photos, add comments, etc.
- A memory book or memory cards, where friends and family can write down their favorite memories of the loved one, and keep for future remembrance