This engraved paper certificate honors the memory of the deceased veteran, and is signed by the current President of the United States. Eligible recipients include the next of kin and loved ones of honorably discharged deceased Veterans. More than one certificate may be provided. Instructions for requesting a certificate are found at http://www.cem.va.gov/pmc.asp.
For the purpose of receiving burial in a National Cemetery, a “veteran” is defined as one of the following:
• Someone who is currently serving, or has served, as a member of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard)
• Members of Reserve Components and Reserve Officers Training Corps
• Commissioned Officers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• A Commissioned Officer of the Regular or Reserve Corps of the Public Health Service
• World War II Merchant Mariners
• The Philippine Armed Forces
For detailed information on determining veteran status as it pertains to funeral benefits, visit http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/burial_benefits/eligible.asp.
Ask a Question
Use the form below to ask a question