Why You Should Plan Ahead
The Benefits of Cremation Preplanning
Preplanning one’s own final arrangements might seem difficult or unpleasant, a subject most people prefer to avoid. But in reality, it can be a source of comfort for you and your family; there are many practical reasons to preplan.
Advance planning offers you the best timing and the greatest opportunity to make informed choices about your final arrangements. It allows you to consider and set in place a complete plan that removes any potential confusion. When the time comes, your final arrangements, documented in advance, can be carried out smoothly and efficiently.
Some specific advantages in preplanning:
- Preplanning offers you the opportunity to research and compare the costs of final arrangements
- Enables you to make appropriate financial decisions based on the information you have gathered
- Allows you to control the cost of your final arrangements
- Guarantees or locks in today’s prices for services and merchandise if you choose to pre-pay the costs
- Offers the opportunity to take advantage of affordable payment plans
- Relieves you and your family from future financial responsibilities and burdens
- Preplanning lets you make your wishes known to your family in a clear and documented manner, unburdened by emotion
- Spares your loved ones the stress of having to guess what you might have wanted for your final arrangements
- Relieves your loved ones of the worry over whether they did the right thing or not
- Allows you to make your own choices without being under any immediate stress or pressure
- Eliminates the potential for emotional overspending by your family due to grief or guilt
- Brings peace of mind to your family’s decision-making
- Relieves your family from making some final decisions during a very emotional and stressful time
- Gives you a chance to personalize your funeral service according to your own tastes and preferences
- Offers an opportunity to get your loved ones involved in the planning process and make it a positive experience and celebration of life
Preplanning your final arrangements can be one of the most thoughtful gifts you leave your family. Having a plan in place now assures you and your family of the greatest potential benefits in the future, when the services are actually needed. Read about how to pre-arrange cremation.